Essential Tools that Every Blogger Needs
You are a blogger. You write articles, take pictures, and post them on the web for people to read. Blogging is your passion and you want to make it as successful as possible. The way that you blog will determine how much money you make in the end, which is why it's important to use tools that will help improve your blogging experience.
All of these tools that I’m sharing with you are tools that I use every week in my blogging business. I wanted to share them with you because it took me a while to find them. I literally tested just about every email system out there in order to find one that I love. I’ve tried dozens of things to grow my email list and the things I’m sharing with you here are the things that have worked the most.
In this article, we will discuss 10 essential tools every blogger needs!
Free tools for a new blogger to get your blog up and running
When you first start your blog there's no need to spend a ton of money on all kinds of different tools. I've done this and let me tell you, it's the wrong thing to do. My first year of blogging I made $10,000! I was so excited... until I realized that I had spent $11,000... whomp, whomp.
I recommend these tools for new bloggers who don't want to spend a lot of money but need quality tools. I use all the tools on this list and they've helped me grow my blog tremendously!
Haven't started your blog yet?
Don't worry! I've got you covered! I wrote this AMAZING ebook that takes you through every step of the proess of starting your blog. It's easy to follow, even for a beginner. It goes over:
- Figuring out what to blog about
- Setting up your first blog
- Creating a logo
- Getting your social media set up
- Creating amazing content
- And much more!
Normally I charge $47 for this book, but I'm actually giving it away for free for a limited time! If you sign up below, I'll email it to you for FREE!
- WordPress is free; it's one of if not the most popular blogging platforms out there, which means that nearly every blogger uses it. It's also really versatile, so you can scale it up as your business grows and you can afford more. Get started with WordPress here.
- Google drive is a free and easy to use cloud storage system; it also has an app that you can download on your phone so that you can access the same files wherever you are. My whole business lives on Google Drive and I love it! I love that I can access it anywhere and that I don't have to worry about losing my files. Try Google Drive here.
- Adobe Spark is a great app for bloggers because it not only allows you to create the visuals that will help boost your blog's reach, but it also offers templates and fonts. This means that if you don't have access to design software or skills, such as myself, then this is a fantastic alternative! And - there's a free version of it. You can use it on your computer and as an app on your phone too. Try Adobe Spark here.
More powerful tools to expand your blog faster
Once you start building an audience, you'll need some more powerful tools to help you expand your blog faster. Here are a few of my favorites:
- ConvertKit is the email service that I use. It’s so easy to write amazing emails with ConvertKit! They have all of the grouping and segmentation that you need as your list grows, plus all of the landing pages and automation to make your life so much easier! You can also sell products through your emails. Try ConvertKit here.
- Later is a social media scheduling tool that is very powerful. It works for Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. Plus, they give you a linkin.bio website for Instagram so everything you post on Instagram can have a separate link with it that never expires. I schedule weeks of content ahead of time so I can basically set it and forget it. Get started with Later now!
- Leadpages is a website that helps you build landing pages to increase your email list and sales. One of the main features is that all of the landing pages you build load really fast. It’s a great tool because it integrates with just about everything and will help you expand your email list quickly. You can build those alert bars and pop-ups with LeadPages as well. Those will go a long way to expanding your email list quickly! Try LeadPages now.
- Designrr is an AMAZING tool to create ebooks and lead magnets. It’s designed for people who aren’t graphic designers and it works wonderfully! I’ve created most of my ebooks and lead magnets with it. The software will convert blog posts, videos or audio files into books in minutes. I highly recommend that you give it a try! It’s only $27 through this link.
- Take your Pinterest marketing to the next level with Tailwind! Tailwind is a social media scheduling tool for Pinterest and Instagram. I use it for Pinterest and it has grown my blog traffic like crazy! It works really well. Try Tailwind today and see what it can do for you!
- Interact is a website that you build quizzes with. The quizzes are intended to grow your email list. The first quiz that I created grew my email list from 1,000 to over 5,000 in less than a month! I highly recommend that you give it a try!
- HostGator is a great hosting website to get started with (when you’re ready for something that’s not free). They have all kinds of plans that are a lot cheaper than something like WordPress, but they still have great service. If you use this link to sign up, you’ll get 60% off your plan.
These are the tools that have helped me the most and I know they will work for you too!
Get notifications about new blog posts & offers sent right to your inbox!
© 2021 Sarah Kuhn | Blog School | All Rights Reserved